Friday, August 9, 2013

Stroll for Epilepsy

The morning air is cool as I wait at the bus stop. I think how the summer is waning and am glad I wore a long sleeve shirt. My feet still hurt in the same sandals I wore last night, but I like the reminder as I savor the afterglow.

Around five o'clock the pavillion at Como started to fill up with people in tennis shoes, workout pants and matching t-shirts. Some had the grey shirt from last year's Epilepsy Foundation walk, some the blue shirts from this wear. Still others wore the colors, logos and names of their teams. Red shirts with ladybugs, dark purple shirts with T-Rexes, pink with tiaras and the ever-present yellow of Hannah's Bananas bonded them together around the person for whom they walked. Vibrant greens, navy blues and Superman capes represented the clinics, hospitals and pharmaceutical companies that help care for us. Foundation employees and volunteers with name tags ran around setting out signs, checking in teams, giving directions, making sure people knew where to get water. And me: I stood behind a table of books with John, watching and enjoying it all as a large smile graced my face. 

Last night was the largest Twin Cities Stroll for Epilepsy yet, and we're so happy and grateful. Thank you to everyone for your advocacy and support for such a wonderful organization!

2 comments:

  1. After years of being seizure free, I think I owe the world a duty to share this testimony. It could help someone out there who needs to be free from seizures like me.
    It started as a minor seizure. I was scared when I had my first seizure. First it was at the tonic phase till it became more complicated that I woke up in ER. That was when I was 9 years old. I had questions without answers. My friends who never understood what I was going through abandoned me because they were shy, and too embarrassed to associate with me. The seizures became frequent that I had more than 50 seizures a day. For 31 years I took thousands of Western Medication. It got more complicated that I had to make effort so it will not become epilepsy according to research. I went in search for a cure because I was feed up of treatments and drugs. A lot of folks told me there was no cure to seizure; that the best I could get was treatment to manage it, but I just refused to believe them. Thankfully, I read about Herbal medication for seizures and epilepsy cure. I discussed with my doctor, he permitted me to try if it will work because Western Medication had dealt with me badly. When I started using Herbal Medication the seizures was longer frequent! Within a one month, I noticed tremendous changes I never had for 30 years of using English Medicine. After several months of using Herbal medication, I became totally seizure free. For 5 years and counting, I have never had seizure not even for a second. I have been reaching out to people with seizures telling them my story how they can get cured through Herbal medication that worked for me. I got my herbal medication from Doctor Mohan. You may contact the doctor via drajaymohanbose@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS I HAVE NEVER BELIEVE IN HERBAL REMEDIES.  my son have been a patient of epilepsy . I had tried a lot of anti viral med prescribed to me by doctors over how many years now but I could not see any improvements in my son symptoms. One day when going through the internet , i got to know about this great Herbal Dr who uses his herbal remedies in curing people from epilepsy,quickly i contacted him and he prepared a herbal medication for my son which i received and he used it as instructed by dr williams. After few weeks the improvement were very visible. the sleepiness and the abnormal behavior stooped ,on thing now he is so full of life. I would recommend this to all my friends,families,around the globe suffering from epilepsy.you can contact him through his email on drwilliams098675@gmail.com.for advice and for his product THANKS TO YOU ONCE AGAIN DR WILLIAMS

    ReplyDelete